Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Faculty Women's Club, founded in 1938, was created to inform local citizens about the needs of Arkansas State University and serve as a forum for spouses of male faculty and, later, female faculty members. The records include yearbooks summarizing club activities, meeting minutes, membership rosters, and scholarship information.
Dates: 1946 - 2007
Abstract Siblings Lillian and Elizabeth Barton were active community members and teachers in Jonesboro, Arkansas during the mid-20th century. Lillian in particular was instrumental in developing educational curricula and training teachers in Northeast Arkansas. The collection largely consists of community and school related material including the awards, degrees, and certificates given to the family.
Dates: 1886 - 1977
Abstract D.T. Rogers and his daughters, Mary Taylor Brown and Mary Elise Lauderdale, were long time educators in Northeast Arkansas. Rogers and mutliple other family members worked at Arkansas State College for the better part of the 20th century. This collection contains the personal papers of the Rogers family including school material, financial records, and personal correspondence.
Dates: 1885 - 1989
Abstract This collection contains correspondence between former-German POWs and Robert Whitlow, a representative of the Memphis Scimitar Press. During World War II, the POWs were housed at a camp established at the Jonesboro Civilian Conservation Corps, where they first met Whitlow.
Dates: 1945 - 1987