Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Faculty Women's Club, founded in 1938, was created to inform local citizens about the needs of Arkansas State University and serve as a forum for spouses of male faculty and, later, female faculty members. The records include yearbooks summarizing club activities, meeting minutes, membership rosters, and scholarship information.
Dates: 1946 - 2007
Abstract Siblings Lillian and Elizabeth Barton were active community members and teachers in Jonesboro, Arkansas during the mid-20th century. Lillian in particular was instrumental in developing educational curricula and training teachers in Northeast Arkansas. The collection largely consists of community and school related material including the awards, degrees, and certificates given to the family.
Dates: 1886 - 1977
Overview The Eugene W. Smith Collection highlights the career of Dr. Eugene W. Smith and his contributions to Arkansas State University. Eugene Smith was raised in Forrest City, Arkansas where he graduated high school. Once he completed his primary education, Smith attended Arkansas State College (1948-1952) followed by the University of Mississippi (1954-1958) where he received multiple education degrees. After completing his degrees, Smith returned to Jonesboro, Arkansas and spent the remainder of his...
Dates: 1937 - 2018